Journey of Discovery bicycle tour
 

113_cathgorge_700x525_web

_cathgorge_700x525_web27.jpg

June 4: A hike through Cathedral Gorge. In 1924, Governor James Scrugham visited the area and began the process of acquiring the land from the Federal government. In 1935, Cathedral Gorge became one of Nevada's first four state parks. The Civilian Conservation Corps developed early picnic and camping facilities, some of which are still in use. The stone water tower and several structures in the picnic area were built by the CCC.


 
© Ted Phelps * tphelps@seeworthy.com * www.daystarbotanicals.com/discovery06/ * Photos captured using an Olympus C-5500Z
Permission is granted to download or distribute for personal, non-commercial use only. High resolution images available upon request.
 

Photo album created with Web Album Generator